Tuesday 4 August 2009

Smotherboard

Good scene again last night. Dr Pinch couldn't make it, but Dr B.Hind could, and he had with him P.in Head, Cheekbones Mason, Dylog and LuLog. Conditions were inideal. It felt humid, and dry firing was of the order of things. Dan Constant Variable turned up with tanned thin pretty girl in tow. Quite who she was is unclear. He also brought with him a glum freewilly and political instigator from the North East, gangle. No appreciable progress was made on any of my various projects, and in fact, I would go so far as to say I went backwards. But, am happy to write this down to conditions and remind myself that the project bank is now brimming with potential. Yes, these are indoor board projects, but see not a return to the days of old, rather a necessary means to an end in order to acheive my goals this winter (the Ace!)(lowrider)(full power).
 
Its been a funny summer in terms of climbing. Usually, I would assert that summer is about strolling amongst the rhubarb looking for bolts to clip, but this year I have barely started. I've not had time, and then came BlueBand. And the rain. Perhaps I can snatch some glory from the later summer months when we are back from the honeymoon? Found myself daydreaming about Lowrider, and wondering when it will be time to head back up there again. Then there's trigger cut. Come september, bets in the cave are back on again, and I have my sights set.
 
With only days to go, the fear has subsided back into excitement, as I have explored all the terrifying edifices Sunday might hold and realised that it will all be allright. Am so looking forwards to being able to talk about something else, and for us two to be back to normal. We are both really looking forwards to the Honeymoon!
 
Turns out Running hill pits are in Uppermill, which is where that Scoop de Grace thing is. I never knew this, and as the outlaws are less than 2 miles away I shall be investigating. Not, however, pre wedding! highballing the day before would surely be folly. Thats enough for now pig. Wednesday is next installment of the incredible fortification of Morton, so Thursday there might be something to say.

3 comments:

Fiend said...

"Yes, these are indoor board projects, but see not a return to the days of old,"

Oh boo. We miss all the training obsession and the angst ;)

Running Hill Pits has some good Easy Trad too. It's a bit of a minor estoric quarry (quarries), but a nice quiet location.

Stallion said...

Having chatted to the boys in Leeds about their new "Daddyboard" I had a thought. Bear with me. Consider the style of problem on the old school board. quality of foot jib, hands and resulting move style. Now consider the Motherboard's jibs, hands and resulting move style. Do you think you could have both systems on one board? At the min the MB has 10mm jibs rounded to 6mm. If you put 14mm rounded to 10mm jibs 2 inches below these you may be able to recreate school 50 board type moves on a MB. Thoughts?

dobbin said...

ah, but what if after all those years in the school it was all wrong and the motherboard was actually an improvement. I dont think any return to bigger footjibs is the way to be honest. And as for you cant do big moves on the mobo... erm - yes you can, just you have to use your feet better. Which cannot be a bad thing. Honest.