Tuesday 27 October 2009

Trustafarian

I am finding the blogosphere particularly depressing at the moment. The field is not level - noone else seems to have a job and so they're all out climbing all the blummin time. How are they doing it? surely not everyone has a massive trust fund? Adam bloody Lincoln's got a TT yet he manages to nip up 8b's in the week, in between 'snippets' of work. What is this job that comes in snippets and why dont I have one? Adam, if you are reading this - I'm only jealous. You cock ;-)
 
Rupert and I once consoled ourselves on the walk out of Cheedale that at least when we were 45 we would have nice houses and lives outside of climbing, but none of these guys seem to have any such concerns. And, the current 80's revisited thin trend is pissing me off too. It feels like cheating. Ah well, the skeletor approach may yield dividends in the short term but now its winter, flu is on the way, and no amount of down jackets will keep you warm bonio!

9 comments:

Nizza Grandpouce said...

Count yourself lucky your job isn't in London!

Adam Lincoln said...

An amazing day rate and a recession ;-) The TT is going soon though, got a van now, and will be getting a good old boring Passat for day to day stuff.

Stubbs said...

I'd rather have a job rather than the time to climb and no money Dob, but I'm making the most of my current unemployment and lack of jobs out there.

The good thing about climbing is that it's a really cheap activity if you stay local.

Doylo said...

Don't try and work out the Uncle/Lincoln puzzles. I'm sure they're both selling they're arses. Like you say Dob at least your retirement won't be in a cardboard box!

Jasper said...

I feel your pain. I seem to mostly have no time OR money these days. Bastards!

Paul Bennett said...

I think it was my turn to go on a trip you grumpy bugger.
You wouldn't like Rodellar anyway, its long. Although I guess you could just pretend like you're on the orme and go to the Ali Baba cave...

joe said...

Yo Morton,
I work full time healing the lame, and can only afford a 50% share in a 15 year old citroen with 145k on the clock. That should make you feel better. I'm also trying desperately to pile on a few pounds, but finding it very difficult. I'm sure that won't make you fel better... soz.
see you soon

Paul Bennett said...

Serpico kept linking a journal paper about additional weight for sport specific movement which affects {insert something which I don't understand called "Rate Coding"} and backs you up Dob.

ps - you wouldn't like Margalef either...

lucy lu said...

Serpico has a point but if it's the study i'm thinking about it relates to a sport unlike climbing. However it makes sense that you movement coding would be altered. Just make sure that you are backing up your weighted climbing with a heavy balance of un-weighted work