Tuesday 7 August 2007

Red hot board action

Although only days ago I was whinging on about it constantly raining, its now too hot for serious rock climbing. To be honest though, the it being too hot thing is something I would expect and even hope for at this time of year. I've felt a bit cheated by the weather so far. Although not great for climbing, I love the sunshine. It makes me feel happy that the weather is nice, and for a couple of months, I can cope with having to change my climbing diet to fit the hot humid weather. However, it was HOT at the board last night. HOT HOT HOT. The problem with having a rubbish desk fan for cooling a room, is that its ineffective when the air is warm outside. Granted, if you have one of those super fans like the 'works, then you can take a couple of degrees out, but we haven't, and our fan is rubbish. Can you imagine one of the works fans at the school? waddage. We'd all probably get crippling bronchitis in minutes. A magnesium based dust storm!

Anyway, no point trying hard in these conditions, or at least, no point pulling on small holds. Availed myself of the Sausage's weight belt and did some easier problems. This could be the way forward when its hot. Yesterday I felt like turd anyway, so wasnt wanting to be really trying dead hard or anything, but suprised myself and felt ok. Sometimes if you feel a bit under the weather doing something you love can take your mind off it. Very quiet. Aaron came up for the first time in ages. Drove past Nige on the way out. Went for a pint in the Sheaf. Mmm. Something about beer in the sunshine. Am light this morning, 11st1lb. Suspect dehydration!

James and Dylan went to Rubicon and the 'Dale. Apparently poor Dylan has bust a tendon. I hope this diagnosis is incorrect, as he is about to go to Rocklands. Getting injured is bad any time, but getting injured just before a trip has to be the most heart breaking time for it to happen.

Wednesday Tor.

1 comment:

Slap Holds! said...

Don't think it's too bad!

I was complaining about my ring finger feeling sore after lapping the last move on Pathband. Serves me right