Friday 31 August 2007

Out of Stagnation

I keep whinging on about it being too hot or too humid at the moment, but I really think it affects me. When its warm my hands go soft and it hurts to pull soft skin across sharp edges. Wednesday was noticeably a few degrees cooler than it has been - the car was reporting 16degrees. As is the fashion on Wednesdays, I went to the tor. Felt good though, like something might happen - I might achieve something.
 
Basically, I blew the warm up I was so excited.
 
I was pretty much on my own (usual punters on sardine) and my psyche level was high - so high I couldnt contain it and I ran about resting insufficiently. When it came time to try stamina band/humps I was probably already beaten. Subsequently, nothing went down. Frustrating, as it was down jacket weather in between attempts on things, so ideal really. I feel I might be stagnating a bit.
 
Never having tried Out of my boots I go and had a look at that. Didn't look that high I thought, so went and had a feel of the crux hold - possible. Backed off. Rae and Tom turned up and I borrow an extra pad from them to have a proper go, and as soon as its started, its over. The sense of satisfaction from actually doing something is palpable, this cements my view that I am stagnating on Staminaband. I want to do something! However, this could all be result of under-resting on the warm up and too much caffeine.
 
The Honey Monster was working late on Thursday, so I went out again. This time it was to Rubicon for a change. I had arranged to go and try Zeke with Andy Hutchinson, but the lure of bouldering somewhere that wasnt the Tor was too great. Had a nice evening however and started getting reaquainted with Tsunami (too greasy on the sloper), and showing him the way on Caviar. Ever since TC and Birch unlocked the sequence for me on that I can lap it. What a great problem. Nearly did low right press again, failing slapping the jug. Quite pleased with that, as it was warmer again, so if its feasible then, perhaps I can get Tsunami done quicker when it cools off (if it doesnt get wet).
 

No comments: