Wednesday 3 December 2008

Grumpy bitch

I wasn't supposed to be working from home today, but my windscreen wipers have died (or rather, had died) so I kinda had to. Turns out they hadn't really died, but needed a bit of love. The other way of looking at that is that the faulty part has been freed off and oiled. It might stick again. Ah well, I'm sure you care less than I do about the windscreen wipers on my car, so I shall move on.

Paul B - your new attitude is great. You are still a pessimistic chap in nature (perhaps it is the engineer in you - always seeing that which can go wrong), but no longer is the world shrouded in darkness. It is a pleasure to get burnt off by you.

Andrew Asquith - you suprised me too. I think you try to hard to be matey with people and come across as false and insincere. Relax, dont push it - let friendship come naturally. I came away from our encounter tonight thinking - oh, he's not so bad!

Andy, Shiv and Fi - all lovely to see you all.

Sports nutrition is something I would like to understand more about. Schoolboy errors were made this evening. I ate too much too soon before climbing and as a result felt bilious through the first hour. As I had climbed like a donkey due to this I did a James Foley - have a thousand bad goes on something in the hope of getting one good one. Then I managed a really big fart, the tension released and climbed well for about 30 minutes before fatigue set in. Which was quite annoying. I want always to be brilliant.

Didnt even go on the board, sticking instead to a schooling from the crabmaster on the wave. Its just brilliant that wall. The hold density, the smears - its brilliant. A joy to climb on.

So, from here - I am supposed to be going to Slough tomorrow, but its supposed to snow really heavily, so I may be about. Depending on the weather I might do something during the day. Next climbing will be Saturday morning, which is forecast to be ok, but if this motherlode of snow materialises will anything be climbable? I realise I'm not adrift without a project, just feeling the lack of opportunity to get out.

2 comments:

Fiend said...

Is Squiff still preening posing and pouting as much as ever?? Lose that and there's probably a sound guy underneath.

lucy lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.