Tuesday 28 July 2009

BackBlog

People usually resume after a blogging hiatus with some sort of pitiful apology. Not me. I have been in wedding preparation land (9th August is big day), and weather hasn't been amazing, so there's not been loads to write.
 
The weekend of the 18th, she and I went down to Exmoor for a weekend camping (this is too far for a weekend). We stayed at the marvellous Cloud Farm, which nestles in the Doone Valley - one of rural England's last tranquil spaces (apparently). It was very nice, I can vouch for that. The weather, however, had other ideas. It wasn't fully minky, but it certainly wasn't glorious. Nice area though, the wild ponies on Exmoor are quite incredible. Related to prehistoric horses, they just roam around free to do whatever they want - we nearly mowed one down in the Astra on the way to Lynmouth. Devon for me is all about hedgerows bounding a narrow lane to a whitewashed cottage. Its lovely, and I will always be very fond of it, its just a long way. We went and looked at Ilfracoombe - what a dump. Woolacoombe is quite nice though.
 
Anyway, since then I have been to the climbing works, rediscovered the genius that is the motherboard and failed on BlueBand again. There's nothing earth shattering here, so you can presumably see why theres been a 'bloggage' in the U Bend.
 
BlueBand is brilliant. The moves are amazing. Its just so hard! i keep inching a little bit closer with each visit, but although the holds are quite big, they are all slots and pockets (almost), and my fatty sausage fingers will not fit in when they are hot and swollen. Its a great choice of pre-wedding project as the chances of hurting yourself falling off it are almost non-existent.
 
The other thing I wanted to talk about which has been swimming around in my head is the motherboard. When it first went in I got quite excited about it, but then I hurt a pulley so I gave it a wide berth. Well, that took ages to heal but feels fine now, yet I dismissed the motherboard as being folly in this heat. Not so! in fact its less rapey on the skin than resin, so is probably a good choice in this weather. And also, having to try really hard in bad nic is not so bad from a training point of view. I am keen. Mondays are motherboard.
 
As I haven't any gossip of my own, so I shall impart what titbits I do know. Spain's ambassador to Sheffield leaves on Thursday. I am quite sad about this because I have come to love him (Nacho). But, I feel sure our paths will cross again. If you are interested we are going to send him off in a raft of Ketamine on Wednesday night. Text someone to find out where. Its not hard to guess.
 
Supposed to shit it down with rain on Weds. Dave and I hatched a plan to go Rotherwards then back to the pub for Nacho, but if its bad weather I shall make this the first double motherboard session week. Thursday is wedding rehearsal! eek!
 
Folog is in Font with Lauren. He came over and we did the Rising Sun pub quiz on Sunday. Me and the monster were worried about work so got pissed. Which takes the Sunday night fear away and replaces it with Monday lethargy. Well done Morton.