Thursday 30 July 2009

NachoNada

Nacho 'Chorizo el Chupacabra Paella' Sanchez is no more (until October). I shall miss his boufont demi wave flouncing around the Climbing works, and no doubt so shall many others. Fare thee well young Spaniard chum - how we are supposed to decipher Percy's sequences now? who shall we watch agape as you swing ape like between the volumes, dispensing with your lower limbs altogether?  
 
I didn't make it to the Pub last night - too late, and too early a morning, so I ducked out of the wall at 2100. Spent the session on the Beastie board, and feel like some progress is being made. I have thoughts of making an Ace simulator, as my pitifully weak left hand will need strengthening before I can entertain notions of success. Still in love with the board - just such hard work to get up it. Now managing to work my way through the easiest of problems such that I have a repetoire (of easy problems to showboat on - have we been here before?).
 
I think with all boards you need a circuit you can do, for maintenance sessions. Then the difficulty is in knowing when you are languishing in your comfort zone, and when you should be pushing on. If you're not failing, you're not trying.

8 comments:

richdraws@hotmail.com said...

Was pretty intimidating trying to drag my weak arse up that motherboard with you, Champ and Mason at it.

dobbin said...

Oh my god! That was you? Why didn't you say so? You're a man mountain!

richdraws@hotmail.com said...

Alright... I am on a diet.

dobbin said...

I don't mean like you were a fat bastard dude, mountain like beefcake, like burl!

You don't need to loose any weight mate!

richdraws@hotmail.com said...

Hah, its still hard work to make a dent in that board. I feel pretty focussed on getting strong on it. You are a board devotee, how does it compare to the schools 50?

dobbin said...

Do you know, I actually think its better! The base level is higher, and the bad foot holds and symettry take it to the next level. However, the school did a couple of things better, and those things were the exclusivity of it and that you could go whenever you wanted, and the classics were all done by my heros. I wanted to do the problems there because ben jerry and malcolm had done them before me. Also, because of where it is in the works it gets really hot.

The one in the depot in leeds looks amazing. Fully fully amazing! Night mate!

dobbin said...

Do you know, I just thought of one other (final) thing, and that's belief. Those guys (ned and dave), they approach things (whether moves or problems) thinking they can do them wheras I think I won't but ill have a go. Some of the moves they do on that board are totally improbable. And I don't even try because I don't think I will be able to do and so I don't want to look bad (perhaps). Wheras, as I have said before. To fail is to suceed in the long run.

richdraws@hotmail.com said...

The belief. Word to that.

Cheers.