Thursday 9 July 2009

Blueband

Its great to have a project. I like having something on the go, something to absorb those contemplatative moments when your mind wanders. And so the next one is the mighty Blueband. Some will scoff, as this is powerband backwards missing out some of the holds, but the moves are actually really good. Its butch, kind on the skin and close to the ground so can be tried on ones own. I have previously tried it, but always dismissed it as being slightly too hard and my not being able to do any of the moves. Well, last night I went from zero to a bit better than zero. I have a sequence, I did all the moves, and to be honest, it looked like I could move it up to the being doable category fairly soon. I also went on the Bear Claw, which is another tor classic I havent done. This I have to admit is pretty uninspiring, and so I never put the time in. Well, with a bit of Ned psyche I did all the moves last night and I think that one is on too. Delightfully, another one I dont need an army of spotters, pads or even a belayer for. Being so absorbed in wedding planning of late I have missed having a project to get my teeth into. Now I have two.
 
The Tor was in a fine state last night, and I am delighted to have to retract my 'will Liam leave litter?' question - no is the answer, there were no signs of the Red end boys, so well done Liam for keeping a low profile. I collected Ned from the Works where he had been training and we nattered on the way to the crag. I really felt I enjoyed last nights session there, have been a bit ambivalent of late, but last night my faith was restored. She really is the crag which even after so many visits, still has gems to offer. Actually, this says more that I am a punter and should have tied up these loose ends years ago. Folog joined us later which was nice and that was it.

No comments: