Tuesday 6 April 2010

West side log

In one of the biggest downgrades since Si o'Connor's v14-v4 debacle, West Side story was yesterday reclassifed from 8B to just 7C. After countless attempts, inadequate sequences and bungling ineptitude West Side Story was struck from the Dobolog project list with a hearty red tick.

Perhaps it was silky movement skills earned in the forest of dreams, or maybe the coming together of skin, conditions and desire that lead to success - whatever it was, it is done (at last). A fine example of one that feels easy when you do it, but impossible until then. Adam Log's trainer ascent is no less impressive.

She and I were kicking our heels about the house. A week of our dust mite cat having free run of the place had left us tumbleweeds and filth in every corner. We had scrub a dub dubbed from top to bottom, and more or less caught up on Coronation street, so I managed to persuade her to come to West for a bit of fresh air. Things were pretty much dry, but deep clefts harboured moisture - things were a bit sketch. WSS is a good problem to try in such circumstances as the hard bit doesn't get wet. I actually thought I was going to do it on my first go, but that didnt happen. Holds felt good, feet felt planted - somehow success felt assured, just a short war of attrition and confidence building required.

I must have taken at least 4 goes to get it done in the end, and on each I was finding the jump more plausible. In the end it was the beta of the Sage and the Bishton, coupled with the knowledge of Britain's best bum doctor that yielded success. The Honey monster filmed it (but in portrait), so I will have to rotate it and stick it on these pages. I have to be honest, the top was wet. The first time i got the jug I puntered around a bit and then jumped off. I hadnt really worked a strategy on the top bit. However, it was one of those that once I had done it, I knew I could do it again, so thats just what I did. With a cursory glance at the obvious holds I set off a second time, and once more I got the jug - this feels good I thought, I can do this! only this time at the jug I didnt stop, just romped on through to the top. All of what you have heard is true - it is pretty easy, you could fall off but you really shouldnt. So with it not only done, but done twice, and properly, we packed up and headed to Hathersage for a brew and a look at the end of season sales.

4 comments:

Richie Crouch said...

Good effort on the West Side. Keen to get back there again this year if possible :) Out of interest where did you put your feet once you have the 3rd rh sidepull and lh ming crimp??

Unknown said...

anything good in the sales?

Unknown said...

a pair of xxxl fluoro down trousers, with a handy pocket to put quails eggs in

Unknown said...

already got some.