Monday 8 September 2008

Rainway track

Shane Meadows (he of 'This is england' fame) has a new film out. Its called 'Somers Town', and may well slip under your radar, but you shouldn't let it - Its too good to be missed. Thomas Turgoose is in it again and delivers another excellent performance. That was Friday.

Saturday saw more action on Sheffield's hottest new training facility. There's already a couple of plums ripe for picking, but my ham fisted plum harvesting technique caused them to roll away down the furrow of incompetence.

We should have been away camping this weekend but rain stopped play. Instead, the people that were supposed to be camping came to Sheffield and we went to a pub. I am sick of the rain. I feel a sense of wanting to rush out whenever it stops. Although I've had a fair summer and got out a good bit, I dont feel I've done any sitting out at night, or barbecues or any of that sort of stuff. And its rubbish. I'm ready for winter in one sense - it being cooler, grit etc but I dont feel I've seen the sun this year. Granted, there have been moments, but they feel like they were short and sporadic.
 
Anyway, with minor non-debilitating hang over, she and I set off down Cheedale. We got to the end of the railway track but found the stepping stones submerged, and whilst further progress would have been possible with wellies, we didn't have any so we turned back. As last weekend, as soon as we got to Calver the heavens opened. I made a roast, and that was that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went for a stroll along Stanage in a hungover state Sunday. Got totally soaked. Hate it!

Got a late meeting this arvo so I suspect the Board aint gonna happen for me tonight. Grrrr.