Tuesday 9 September 2008

The second coming

Another good board session last night. Started at the Foundry as Dylan was running late, then met up with Cheekbones Mason, Dylan and Garry and later on Harry Pennels and strong thin southerner Alex. Nothing of note went down from me anyway, although it was interesting to climb at the Foundry and then move back to the board. Clearly, the level of the problems at the board is much higher than at the wall. It would perhaps be interesting to go to the foundry board and then up there. Strong southern thin man crushed the top of the board green tape problem, most impressively flashing the hard press move I can't do at all, but failing to do the first move I find easy. I kept nearly doing 'our jade' but the footholds changed more often than a route on Peak lime, so I might actually be further than I thought away. Its hard to tell whether i was climbing well or not. The blue project remained beyond me and I felt it was further from reach than Saturday, so perhaps I wasn't.
 
In other board related news, we now have a date for the removal of the boards from the School, however, its not a date I can assist with which is rubbish. Hopefully enough others will be able to help, but I wonder whether they will... Once moved, they wont be going straight back up again, at least not in so far as I understand anyway, which is a shame. But, perhaps although I cant help take them down, I can help resurrect them. I like to see myself not as the dismantler of boards but as their resurrector!
 
I'm hopefully going out tomorrow, but I dont know what the weather thinks its doing. Its foul at the moment, but forecast to be ok tomorrow. Really want to get back to Beluga. Open to other suggestions...

No comments: