Monday 18 January 2010

Lesbian Vitara

In the world there are wise men to whom you should listen, and buffoons who blather on endlessly. One such wise man is Stu Littlefair. Anyone who is qualified in such a high brow field yet manages to remain quite so normal is someone to whom you should listen. That was Thursday. He says that if you have goals you should share them. I absolutely agree. I want to do Mecca. And I want to climb 8c. However, Mecca has scary falls on it, and is easier if you have the big cajones and can skip the last clip. Hmm. I then mooted my suggestion of Make it Funky, but I have big sausage fingers and will struggle with the mono. So, I wonder about the bastard? and about Jehovakill....
 
On Friday we went to a curry shop called Butlers Balti. Its on Broad Lane on the edge of da hood, Sheffield. Bumped into our neighbour on the bus on the way, and he explains that Butlers balti used to be Butlers Dining Rooms which was a greasy spoon cafe, and famously where Pablo Picasso sketched a picture of a dove on a napkin which lost. Sometime around 1950. Nice curry, not nice smells from me the next day.
 
Which was fine because I went to the climbing wall to sweat it out with Edlog. The Haigh brothers were there. What nice boys they are. I need a Roberto Stallioni lesbian horses tee shirt. I absolutely need one. Its awesome. The design is similar to that which you would find on the spare wheel cover of a Suzuki Vitara. Edlog won man of the match, pulling off an impressive flash of a hard green problem on the comp wall. Waddage, although, there can be no doubt that he was showboating to the two twelve year olds watching from the right. We got on the board. I had moob strain and wasnt firing on all cylinders. Poor Ben Moon turned up to make his return to climbing at the very peak of busy-ness (sic), although it didnt seem to faze him. I know if i was him I would hate there being so many punters there to witness my tentative return to climbing. Perhaps though when you have been the best you've nothing left to prove and it doesnt matter. Rupert arrives with Sarah in a nice new car.
 
Talking of new cars, my obsession with getting one this summer is mounting. I dont need one, but I do hate that Astra. Although I have no reason for doing, its just not a cosy place to be when you are in it a lot. Would you all think me insane if I got another Audi? Edlog has a nice new Golf (well, when I say New i mean new to him).

2 comments:

Doylo said...

Dobs i'm sure you'd be fine on the mecca runout, it is a sport route matey

Paul Bennett said...

Butlers varies massively. Its our local curry house but we got a bit fed up of how unpredictable it became.
The Balti Baruchi was my fav but my god that one will clear a room.
If you're ever down the floundry let me know so I can give you your guides back!