Wednesday 17 March 2010

indoor angst

It would have been nice to have gone to the cave. But nice isnt what I need. What I need is guile and cunning. And perhaps an AK47 assault rifle and a T1000 terminator. That is, if I am to win CWIF - something drastic is going to have to take place.

On monday Ned and I went round the red circuit at the Climbing works. The deal was we each got to have one go on every problem and only rest whilst waiting for the other one. The only having one go each rule was immeadiately broken by us both, I think he by being polluted by my climbing equivalent of vomiting in his eyes, and I by being incompetent. I underestimated the poor condition of my skin - it physically hurt to pull on the rapey little crimps, I had to summon the Force to even try. Quickly this became an effort. Got through to about 25 and was seriously wilting. I just couldnt bring myself to pull on anymore. What I wanted was jugs. So jugs I got. Couple of circuits, bit on the board and home early.

I am still thinking about going out this afternoon. But skin is in a perilous state. On one hand, I am desperate to finish west side story, and on the other I should save skin and build up indoor climbing knowledge. But, I know its going to rain over the next few days, so am a bit undecided. Cofefefield has cryptically done something in the dark at Bbg west last night - a prow 30ft right of wss - which has got to be western eyes hasnt it? good effort! (who saw you?)

I was formulating a bigger plan last night. This is to get involved with the routes in april, when I get back from the font.

No comments: