Tuesday 23 March 2010

Ned's Head



The climbing works was brimming with legends last night. John Welford stood quietly beneath the board, surrounded by jostling euros, a bemused look on his chops as tanned honed beast after tanned honed beast made ever more improbable moves up the comp wall. Impressive stuff - and that was just the girls. Some of the CWIF final problems remain on the comp wall for aspirant heroes to try, and as usual, by the end of the night the wackiest had attracted crowds of the least likely suitors. Anyway, I started warming up on jugs, but there were just too many 9a euro wads around. I was embarrassed. So I got straight on the board with John and got stuck in.

Quickly I realised just how much I had missed it (the board, not welford). MOndays are now a board session - forever, no matter what the weather. I needed a volume session - not to get back on Dowel Syndrome, but to lap problems I could do, that I found steady. So I worked through the classics, and it felt brilliant to do so. I love that board. Ned turns up. After 3hrs of chat and quick firing through the steady classics we turn our attention to the comp wall. I bruise my shin, we do a bit. It gets busy, we go home.

Tomorrow I go to the cave!

On Saturday I go to Font! I have only been twice. This time we are staying at the lovely MaisonBleau, and I am taking the honey monster - who of course, doesnt climb. But what better place for a non climber to have a go than font? We drive down on friday night, stay at my mums, then on to the ferry on saturday. Should arrive saturday evening. Am well looking forwards to it.

No comments: