Monday 22 January 2007

Strange filming at the school

So, made it to the board yesterday, as I arrived, there were a few cars outside, but all down the other end. Wandered into the building and all was quiet, could hear some beats coming from our room and thought it strange, and burst in on Steve Mac, Ben Heason and about ten dudes with video cameras! Steve asked whether I had turned up to be filmed in response to that email... The penny dropped! Nic sent a mail out a week or so ago saying :

"Steve McClure has been in touch. He has been contacted by a film maker who wants some fierce campus footage at the school. There may be some £ involved. He wants to film on the 21st of January. As anyone knows I would be the natural choice for anything campus but unfortunately I'm away. Is anyone available to do this? Good opp for £ and fame on the best training format about. Get in contact with email-address-omitted"

Shit! so rather sheepishly admitted I had forgotten and asked whether it was cool to climb - dont want to be in the way or owt! It was and they were quite pleased as they claimed to be weak. Warmed up and felt quite sparky so got stuck in on a couple of classics, but suspect showing off/warming up too fast took its toll and sparky soon changed to shaky. Did the Schoolboy for the cameras, and it felt steady to the last move, then I sort of lost it somehow. Ah well. Pulled on Basic Ben (which I havent fallen off since I first did it) and failed! did it next go but still, felt a bit nervous - probably under pressure from film crew or to perform or summat. Did woodology again and then Keith turned up. The low pinch (14) on woodology is loose again, so Keith did an elimanate version which avoids it altogether. He texted me to tell me and I wound him up that there were no witnesses - he then sent a video! I think it looks hard!

The film dudes wanted to film Ben and Steve talking about what got them started climbing. So funny. Steve's media pedigree was obvious as he fielded the questions with well thought out answers whilst Ben seemed more nervous. Anyway, finished not long after that and spent the rest of the day with the monster. Went to the cinema in the evening and saw Miss Potter. I liked it.

No comments: