Monday 2 April 2007

Burbage south bumbly

Had a lovely afternoon this aft at BBG south. A friends son was up (4.5) and loves climbing, so I collected them from Grindleford station this morning at 1145. Blazed a trail to BBG south and walked up through the ever impressive quarries - marvelling at the Cioch on the way in. Such an amazing block, I would love to do something there but sadly my testicles are too small. Spent the afternoon mainly in instructor mode but enjoyed some of the fun easier climbing on the boulders. Was pleased to do the sheep thing - starting left in the crack, right in a pocket then up to another cleft thing. At first I just could not do it save french starting to the cleft, and I wasn't going to settle for that. Eventually found a sequence and pulled on with my left foot pasted against the opposing wall of the crack, rocked onto lf and reached into the cleft, then leaning out on rh and bringing lh up, some lurching and its done. Once again, my technical mastery of the subtle art of gritstone is apparent as I spend half an hour climbing a 6c+!

Gorgeous weather all day today. Was pleased to be A) Alive, and B) out climbing! made me remember how much I hate being at work when the sun is out. Its tough sitting at my desk looking out the window when the weather is mint. Which brings me to my next point - back to work tomorrow. Usually in a week off I would still be fiddling with the damned blackberry, but this week I have turned the little fucker off and stuffed it to the back of a drawer. This is a good thing, but also has made the return to work all the more painful. The dilemma is - if you stay in touch and never really leave work then you don't have any fear about what you are going back to, but you are always at work and never truly switch off. If you don't get that stressed out about work then I guess you might think you can cope like that, but I reckon although you may not think you are getting stressed out, you might be bottling it up. Basically, I go back to work tomorrow and I am dreading it. I think that means I have had a really nice time not being at work, and not thinking about it and now its edging back into my concious. Anyway, TC is back in Leeds and I we are training at leeds tomorrow in the day - that should soften the return to work somewhat.

Training again tomorrow and thursday. Then we are into Easter and I just want to get to rubicon and get Tsunami done.

By the way - 300 only gets a 6/10 in my book. Lacking substance.

No comments: