Friday 27 April 2007

Pump up the powerband

Ned and I went to the Tor tonight. Picked him up on the way home from work and got to the tor for about 1730. Got warmed up and to my suprise nailed my boogy problem the Powerband! Delighted - but not over excited, should really have done this many moons ago.

Ned did Blueband and I got my ropes and harness out to have a go on Pump up the power. This is a route I first tried when I was 16 which is 14 years ago! therefore in 1993! After a bit of what can only be accurately described as fannying around I had a serious attempt and slapped and held (for a second) the last hard move - awesome! Tarted around a bit more but didnt get another good go and skin was bad so sacked it for another day.

Good to be back at the tor, and inspite of feeling a bit sore from the rings, I climbed ok. Anyway, climbed tonight because I am working tomorrow and have a christening on Sunday. Forecast is for it to be hot both days, so its probably not ideal. Jon has the right idea - is off to kilnsey. Kinda thinking about the temperature at the moment and mildly worrying that it will soon be too hot for anything serious. Gonna stay campusing this year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That good for several reasons. Firstly, it was your bogey problem, secondly, you can flick Meldrew the "V's" next time you see him! There is always a down side of course. This means that oyu have to start working Staminaband.... Booo.

Lovely weather today. Got out for a short one this morning. Last few days have felt really sicky (had a day off work). Not sure what the score is, but felt like bad flu without the snot. Could this be going cold turkey from coffee??? Gees-Loise. If it is, I had no idea it could be that bad. Anyway despite guts turning over I went for my first Rubicon trip of the year. Knocked off the usuals which felt good, then on to Cressbrook dispatching the Pinch and Jericho. Finger fared ok too which is good. Might hit the Tor tomorrow night if my guts are in one piece.
Adios!

bonjoy said...

Good work yoot, about bloody time ;)!
Think I'll have my first tor session of the year on Tues eve. Trying Grooved Arete at Kilnsey is showing up my lack of power endurance, so need to get on some longer probs.