Tuesday 5 June 2007

Solo Ringolo

As I arrived at the board last night I thought to myself that training in the rings was clearly a great idea when the weather is as hot as it is at the moment. The car showed 22degrees on the way through sheffield - it felt really close - not good for pulling on small holds. Hence training in the rings is a good use of time when its like this. Theres a new notice on the way in :



Didnt even put my shoes on - just got involved with the campus board. Managed to do 1-4-7 several times which is progress.



Then got the rings down and pushed on. Its really hard to motivate yourself to go that extra mile when you are on your own. Theres a definate tendency to let yourself off.

Some discussion and general keenness around Sunday in the Cave on yesterdays comments which is great! sounds like we might be able to muster a team... My situation/aspirations are thus:

I have to deliver the Honey monster to Manchester. She has a conference thing in Torquay which she travels down to on Sunday night. I will be on my Jack Jones until Thursday night, which is good and bad all in the same sentence. Good because I will climb every night, and bad because I will miss her. So, I will take her to Ashton for whenever she has to set off - probably 10 or 11. That puts be 1.5hrs from the cave (traffic permitting) so really, looking at being there ready to climb from 1300. The tides are good at LPT on Sunday - low water is at 12:19, so downstairs would be an option too....

So, if there are now potentially three people keen, Robbo may already be there and James and Dylan are keen to go? On one hand it would be ok to take others with me and it makes sense to share a car, but on the other hand James and Dylan could go earlier under their own steam - and possibly Ed may or may not have set out on friday and might also be driving over? Also, I want to see the Honey Monster off properly. What do you think? we definately go but how do we get there?

4 comments:

pascal said...

cave sounds like an interesting proposition, especially if there is a big team with a lot of pads! Just have to get some studying done and I'll be there!

dobbin said...

Its that UKB meet this weekend as well. Need to keep out the way of that one!

Unknown said...

Will already be down there so be travelling on me tod. Good team at the cave will mean good beta, paddage and psyche, so there WILL be some form of dispatching.

Seeing as the weather is supposed to be good, I suspect that the UKB team will be hitting the mountains to check out the new stuff up there (plus they will be vomitting bile saturday morning which is never conducive to yarding through tricky roof problems...).

Roger and out.

Unknown said...

will discuss plan mane. i'm well psyched. just need to get a pile of pads. maybe if jon were to bring the 12 or something he brought last time!