Friday 29 June 2007

What a fat knacker...

After all the whinging that I had put on loads of weight in Sardinia I think the scales in the school might be wrong. Basically, before I went away I was 10.5st - or so it said at the school, when I came back I was almost 11.5st and that's what started this whole downward spiral of blubber obsessed conciousness. She had Monday off, bought some fancy-whizz-bang scales which weighed me at 11st 6 = 11.5st, which is what the school said, so I thought it must be correct. Went to the school again on Tuesday and was at 10.75st, down to 11st 4 at home. Yesterday (thursday) the school said 10.5st and home said 11st2. So, given that the home scales have not been thumbed by the great and good of british rock climbing I am assuming they are correct. Which brings me to my next point, which is - I don't want to be 11.5st! I want to be 10.5st! I don't know why I have so stigmatised 11st in my head, but I have, and I don't like it! TC once said that Jerry used to advise going for a long walk and not eating as a vehicle for weight loss. Watch this space.

Since Mondays flood based debacle, I have climbed to the point of destruction! its been great! Tuesday I went to the board with James in the day and did so much volume I couldn't do chalk and blow at the end. Wednesday I had a late afternoon in the works. Ryan, Dave Barrans, Adam Lincoln and Tyler all knocking around (quite strong that Tyler youth - needs a shave mind) and again, I climbed volume to the point of destruction. Did some up problems before starting to flail on one of these traverses thats been created for the difficulty team - no hard moves, but lots of swinging around in the middle of a roof with minimal feet, anyway, RMan's mate comes in - oh my god! he is massive. Arnold massive - amazing, the last time I saw him climb he was rubbish. He had rubbish footwork but was very strong in a straight line. He pulled straight on to this traverse (as far as I could see) and blazed past my high point, right the way to the end, my eyes were out on stalks! a further battering for my psyche - he must be fit. Apparently he wants to climb font8a by the end of the year. Having seen his previous attempts at going up rather than along I would have said no chance, but in light of this most recent development, maybe its on!

Thursday I went to the board again, but was beaten from the previous two days exertions. Did some ring training and that was about it. Made a hilarious video whilst doing silly dancing which is what James' GIF comment refers to, here is a frame :


So, its Friday and that means the weekend loometh. I don't really know what to do tomorrow. Saturday morning is my Window of opportunity. She is working in Manchester, so like a few weeks back, I will take her over, and then go somewhere to climb. Given the rain of this week I dont know where that should be. On one hand I thought I could go to the cave but thats quite a long way, especially if I need to be back for 1600 (probably drop her off at 11), but is enough time to get beasted! Or I was going to go back to the tor, depends if its wet. Then there are all these new things at beginners wall, maybe I will go and have a look at them.

2 comments:

Slap Holds! said...

That picture is so wrong. The animated .gif just adds life to it!

I had the same 'weight' issues about a month ago when we first met (again) I'd been 10 1/2 to 10 3/4 for most of my life. After a trip to Bishop I came back at 11 because of the massive amount of cow protein I was knocking back.....anyway I digress.

Basically I weighed myself 2 months ago and I was something like 76Kg! Not sure what that is in old money, but fucking heavy. I was strong in the arm, but falling off stuff and getting burnt off all over the place (not by foley mind)

2 months later I'm down to 71/2Kg and I feel much better for it and my climbing has improved

To be fair donkey boy you don't look fat to me :) Like Ed said, "its all in the mind" or was that seb. Whatever. Optimum weight is important, but crushing is better!!!

LostSequence said...

Beginners wall was pretty wet last night. Neil's wall/swingtime/man o' steel all wet.
Polish Dave's new thing is awesome though(and dry) A class move, and not as reach dependant as you might imagine. Well worth a punt.

As for 'weight issues', sounds like you are on the way to an eating disorder if you ask me;-)