Thursday 7 August 2008

Handbag house and Ableton

I've not been climbing much, so havent had anything to write about. Stopped taking supplements and lost half a stone immeadiately, which I think points to water retention. Going out this afternoon with Big D I think.

Anyway, have been learning how to use Ableton. Its sequencing software. I am thinking of selling the decks and going digital. Its been many years since I have been bothered about mixing records or have even tried, but I've never wanted to get rid of them until I had an alternative. This could be it. Ableton. I taught myself with an unmixed Space Ibiza CD, the output from which is here.

IN terms of whats possible its a very unimaginative mix, but I have only had it for a week, and would certainly say that I dont know what I am doing!

2 comments:

Fiend said...

Ooooh, I need some grapes and crackers to go with the cheese ;)

T'bird and I were wondering if you might crop up at The Foundry last night given how muggy / rain-forecasty it was out....quite disappointing abscence really.

Ghostface said...

Ableton with a Novation Nio external card and Nocturn controller seems the way to go. All in will cost circa a ton 80 for a good live dj setup.

Keep us updated with any ableton beta homeboy and I'll ply you with the good stuff I'll be learning from a mate who is very well schooled in it.