Wednesday 27 August 2008

Hi, my name is...

I missed the team on Monday. As I drove through Litton I passed Andy and Shiv and Joe, Vicky and car load heading to the pub. JLS got to the end of Staminaband 14 times apparently, but still didnt seal the deal. I just wanted to do powerband which has become my return to fitness barometer. Monday was better than Saturday, in that I got there 4 or 5 times, it felt easier but I still failed to complete the link. Spent some time with Seb fannying around trying different methods on the last move, and it feels steady with the egypted feet, but I just cannot get my back foot off. The key to that move seems to be not to pull up on your left hand too much, you need to sag down low. If you pull up you pull your feet off the holds. So, with that not done but happy at progress, there endeth another tor session.
 
I should be getting excited about going out crushing this afternoon, and indeed I had arranged to meet Ed Brown - perhaps to do Entree, perhaps Dangerous Bros, perhaps neither, but now I have a meeting in Leeds until 1600. I am not happy. I still hope to get out, but the nights are drawing in and soon it just wont be possible. Bloody work, getting in the way of serious business. Its not on. Suppose I should be grateful I still have a job.
 
The idiots are rising up on UKB. This most recent manifestation begins with people starting threads to introduce themselves - what makes you think anyone's interested? I consider it quite conceited that you think it acceptable to post a 'Hi, this is all about me, please will you be my friends' thread on a public internet forum. I imagine it comes about as result of them seeing a community and wanting instantly to be accepted. It doesnt work like that. You should listen a while and contribute to discussion - let your posts be your introduction.
 
Whats happened to mystique? Fucking americans.

2 comments:

Fiend said...

Grump :)

joe said...

Couldn't agree more Dobbers. Or even (god forbid), let your climbimg/crag demeanour be your introduction.