Monday 4 August 2008

Board of no exercise...

Thats it then, the end of an era - James Foley has left sheffield. Sadly, I missed his farewell dinner which was all too convieniently just over the road from my house. Why is it that when I cant come people do things on my doorstep, and when I can they want to go to Rotherham or something. I was at a Wild West themed wedding in Stalybridge (oh the irony).
 
Dylan's board looks to be nearly complete. It looks great. I am hoping to swing past on my way home tonight, but the monster has just been on and has cricked her neck, is staying off work and eating ibruprofen, so perhaps not. I too am still off climbing and on antibiotics. The massive elbow has gone down loads, but is still swollen, red and hot. Think doctor lady was right, she said not to do anything as was running myself down and needed to let immune system repair me. I do feel tired despite no exercise. I shall hope to climb mid week, if by then I can lift my bloated carcass off the ground! To be honest, I dont feel too bad about being out of action at the moment. Its hardly ideal conditions. Might start doing some sort of CV work tomorrow.
 
School news : everything was bleak, it all looked like we were never going to get back in, but some shred of optimism has returned :
1) thanks to the state of the property market noone is interested in buying anything, let alone an old building you'd probably want to turn into flats - which wouldnt sell anyway! I think they must have been expecting a flood of interest, and got none!
2) It turns out the cost of noone using the building for a year is £70K! WTF does that get you I wonder?! obviously, if the building is occupied then you dont need to shell out £70k pa to not use it. Plus, they actually get some income from it then.
 
So, there's some sort of feasibility study going on, which should take us to end sept, but we might actually get back in there at some point - possibly even this year. 

1 comment:

Paul Bennett said...

what logic are you using to justify doing CV? Dobbin Madness.