Sunday 24 August 2008

Holiday hopes

Should have been down to Devon surfing this week, but as the country has been battered by rain, I'm glad we didn't. Although, it would have been fun. Until everything got wet. So, we've been around and about in Sheffield doing odds and ends, and its been good. I climbed briefly on Thursday, and went to the tor again last night.

It wasn't a great session, but am pretty confident the hand is fixed, just weakened as its not been used for three months. Joe Le sage has just done staminahumps and I went with the intention of going to get back on that. Didn't really expect to do it, as it requires peak fitness. Did rattle and hump start, then did power humps, but couldn't get through stamina band start at all.

Tried the powerband last move and failed, did it a few times reaching down and decided to try the traverse with the gay finish. Which I've never actually done. I've done it once the man's way but never this other method. And I didn't do it last night either. Felt good to be getting there again though. Feel like I won't be too far off the pace and back on it soon enough.

Want to train pockets and open hand strength. Think its time to remember what the campus board is for.

No comments: