Tuesday 28 October 2008

No time for lime

Outwardly you might hear people exclaiming that its been a rubbish summer, and certainly there were spells when I would tend to agree, but actually, I've been out loads. Its been allright - there's been opportunity if you've been looking.

The routes and the lime started early in Buoux for Crab master Harris' stag do (I'm still smarting that I missed climbing at Volx due to hangover), then I got pumped having fun at Kilnsey. I did some good routes and was a bit scared, but happy.

Me and Ted went down Two Tier and he busted out Entree. Dylan took me to Turkey Dip rocks, and I even did new routes at Raven Tor (although I have a suspicion I've done them before). I tried to get into the Cornice (WCJ), but as soon as it dried out it was wet again and I along with everyone else gave it up. The bulk of this years action has been at Rubicon. I absolutely love it to bits. I get to feel like a good climber at Rubicon. Its nice and short, the holds are small and the routes are hard. On that subject Andy is on the front of this months Climber on Barracuda.

I've left a couple of gems for next year. To start the season I've got to finish Tribes, then Beluga, then I have only Barracuda and the Bastard to do! Would love to do the Bastard, but there dont actually look to be any holds. Closer inspection required. And besides, Char and I have hatched a plan to focus on Mecca...

I did think to myself I wouldnt ramble on today, but once again I have failed that objective.

3 comments:

dobbin said...

I forgot one - Ed and I did a route on Pen Trywn. It was terrifying.

Unknown said...

Oh, yes, I still wake up sweating thinking about that.

Fiend said...

Dude you could have rambled a lot more...

Gritgritgritgritgrit.