Thursday 16 October 2008

Sat at the bottom of the commercial climbing wall of life

Went to the Climbing Works last night with Dylan and Lucy. I tend to avoid the place on the main because whenever I go in I get mithered to fix the latest IT disaster. Did some circuit problems which I found hard to be honest. Feel like I'm good at pulling on small holds but yarding between ok ones on a long steep board is alien. Got shut down by the comp wall, managing a couple of 7a's, but needing more than one go on both and flashing a 7b - which had crimps on it. Blimey. I'm not too worried to be honest, I feel like I'm doing allright outside and I'd rather have the bias that way round.

As always, after tea time the place fills up, and this is another reason I'm not a regular - its lovely to see people but I cant help myself gabbing and end up standing round for hours on end talking shite - and thus, not climbing. Good to catch up with some folk though, and I suppose were I more regular I would see them more often and have less to catch up on. OOOOOh its a hard life.

How psyched would you be to hear that Dave Graham had done Hubble? I would be psyched out of my mind. In fact, i might drive to the tor, jug up Rev and wait in case he decides to pop by. You never know who might turn up....

Finally, the weather looks much better this afternoon, and I am going climbing! I would have loved to have gone on Zeke, but I suspect I shall struggle to muster enthusiasm from any quarter, such is the problem with having projects to do, no quality control and being a devotee of a particular venue when everyone else has sense/moved on.

6 comments:

Stuart Littlefair said...

what an enigmatic third paragraph. Well?

dobbin said...

Done all the moves apparently...

lore said...

go there and film it.

Fiend said...

"Blimey. I'm not too worried to be honest, I feel like I'm doing allright outside and I'd rather have the bias that way round."

Dob you are getting SOFT. That sort of attitude might get you up grit slabs with JB but it's not going to get you STRONG is it?? ;)

P.S. Dave Graham doing all the moves apparently, it's all a bit Adam Nudge Nudge Wink Wink I'm In The Know Lincoln isn't it?? Cool that he's still around though. He should get on Mutation, surely a better route and more his sort of thing??

dobbin said...

dave says hi!

More history to Hubble though. More kudos too I would argue

Paul Bennett said...

I think that info was knocking around tues night. Thankfully it also included "it's really hard".