Tuesday 14 October 2008

Staring at the finishing hold on the mystical board of life!

So much of climbing is linked to energy levels. Monday is a funny day because you are tired after the shock of going back to work after two days off, but rested because the sleep deficit hasnt built up yet. Which almost always means I start strong but wilt after about an hour.
 
It's a treat to be back on a good board again - I've missed it. Boards are the answer. Well, not completely the answer, but a board is a better training medium than a climbing wall. But for Dylan's board I think I would have to look at building one. But, so much of climbing well on a board depends on the combined energy of the people in the room. Its tough to get yourself going on your own sometimes.
 
I would so love some frame of reference to be honest. I feel like we are doing some hard moves on that board, but without anything to compare to I'm not sure. Talking to Paul, the place the school boards now live is some sort of dumping ground in which they plan to clear a space for us to use for a few months, but I guess people will be reticient to spend time, energy and money putting it back up if its only temporary. I would love to pull back on that board to know where I'm at.
 
So, a good session - Dylan, Garry, Paul Bennett and Joe Brown. Feel positive about my chances on Wednesday - remember, approach with confidence but show humility. 

No comments: