Monday 3 November 2008

Cheating Sean

So I missed a post or two last week. I climbed on Thursday at the climbing works - So frustrating that I wangle the afternoon off and its 2.5degrees, raining and horrible. Even JonBoy wouldnt have risked it. The headache and general malaise of the previous day had lifted, I felt my perkiness restored. Popped to Dylan's house, saw Lee, went to the climbing works. I have previously dreaded going down because I get mithered to fix IT problems, but have even done some good there and that should be a thing of the past too. Felt like I climbed better than before, the indoor strength is returning. I am much happier struggling inside when its because I have achieved something outside. The balance this way round is how like it.

Once the weather crapped out, it pretty much stayed crap thereafter. Friday I didnt climb, or do anything really. Paul rang during a dull evening to say that Pascal had done a nighttime ascent of the Ace! well good effort mildly overshadowed by recent controversy surrounding that problem. Paul now has knowledge about the start and says its feasible and that we should try it. I havent ever really spent any time on it but would love to try. Perhaps this winter...

Saturday morning it had obviously rained a lot, so i went to Stoney. It turns out I lied about Sean's problem. Well, not lied, I didnt say I did something I didnt, but I didnt realise there were foot rules. When I was there and 'did' the problem previously I had to phone Foley for the holds, and I climbed it using obvious feet and the right handholds, but the rules say once you are in a specific position, the low break is no longer in for feet. Anyway, delightfully I managed to do it properly on this day, and suprised myself by having quite a good morning pottering about doing some fun problems. Spent the afternoon mooching around town with her, and then to the pub in the evening with Dylan and Lucy.

I dont know whether its my legendary inability to drink or some curdling of different sorts of beer, but after three drinks in the pub (and 1 before), I was sick at 0300! Felt queasy still at 10 when she and I got up. Went for a walk in the rain along Curbar before eating cake at Calver cross roads and was pretty much ok thereafter. Slothed and cooked rest of day away.

Forecast for this week doesnt look so good for the Peak. County looks much better, but thats three hours drive away and you'd need holiday... hmmm. Plans to climb are thus - tonight Dylan's board, Wednesday afternoon out? perhaps the tor/rubicon if raining. Thursday evening - a wall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mcc is so fucking shit