Thursday 6 November 2008

indoor action

The problem with being enlightened in a climbing sense (preferring to climb outside) is that when it genuinely is hideous weather (such as today), you cant help but feel disappointed that you arent outside doing actual climbing. Add to that the fear of getting unstrong and rather than questing to look at new boulders you end up in a climbing wall. Perhaps I am getting into it, or perhaps I'd had a good rest before yesterday or something, but I feel like I'm doing allright at indoor climbing at the moment. Perhaps also, the difference was that I restricted my movements to the training wall. This is the bit of the climbing works that most closely resembles outdoor rock climbing. Chatted, climbed hung out - all good. Conflicting reports about how good or bad the weekend is going to be, I hope to get out.

It was bonfire night last night, and someone wanted to go to a bonfire. I really didnt want to go and stand in the drizzle and managed to persuade her to go for dinner after questing round likely bonfire sites in vain. Climbing again tonight, need to get hold of Dylan to see if he is up for the board, or else it is the Foundry.

1 comment:

Fiend said...

"Perhaps also, the difference was that I restricted my movements to the training wall. This is the bit of the climbing works that most closely resembles Peak limestone."

....think there was a typo there ;).

Forecast good tomorrow, gash at weekend, although windy enough that something steep *may* dry out after tomorrow.