Thursday 6 November 2008

The incorrigible show off

Good board session tonight. Expected dylan to say no or not be able to make it or something, but in fact it turned into one of the good ones. As I'd climbed the day previous I expected nothing but felt pretty sparky and climbed ok. I reckon if there's new people, or people you want to impress then you try a bit harder, and that's what I reckon dragged me out of climbing like a turd. I can't resist showing off, which is why if I climbed 8b bloc I'd be psyched to go round the boards crushing everyone else' projects! If kudos alone wasn't enough, recognise the importance of climbing with your peers. If you're an 8b beast and you're climbing with people who aren't at your level then your always going to feel the big I am. This is not healthy. You'll stagnate. You need pushing, being burnt off is a good thing - that's the impetus to train, it shows you what is possible.

Feels such a treat to be climbing on a board again. I miss unencumbered access but am grateful for getting an invite at all. If the foundry board is a better training facilty than the works board, dylans is the next level. Dan and ned's is a step on from that. Its the knowledge!

1 comment:

Paul Bennett said...

I was a little underwhelmed by the foundry board tonight, the holds along the bottom are just a little too large, its a bit short and not quite steep enough. You can use features instead but then you can always find ways round trying hard or locking etc.
Having said all that its still better than the works and I agree with you that Dylans is the next level. Evening out was fully sh*t and I'm beginning to get edgey about crap weather at the weekend. I'd kill for the school back I really would.