Monday 17 November 2008

A dog on the motorway

The problem with having a semi fixed ticket is that you cant organise the weather when you need it. How deeply frustrating. Had I more than a three hour window, I would take my chances and go out, but with limited time and >90% humidity I cut my losses and go to the wall to train instead. This was the shape of Saturday morning.

My frustration grew through the day as conditions just got better and better. She was out at a dinner party in the eve, so I decided to try the much hyped lantern session knowledge, however, I was of course on my own. Went to Stoney. It wasnt very cold at all, and I got spooked in the woods by myself (like there would be anyone there), so managed only an hour and a half. Whilst this wasnt a great experience, can totally see how on a night like last night (cold and clear), it could be brilliant. Its a bit strange flying through the air towards a pad when its dark too. You seem to fall further. Or perhaps I just need to eat more carrots.

Sunday was a lovely day in weather terms and after bimbling about doing housey stuff we went for a walk down Water Cum Jolly dale, where we saw this :



Which is of course the mighty superted who lost his camera at Rubicon some months ago. What a nice thing for the finder to do to get it back to him. Anyway, I texted him and he does already have it back, so if you go to Rubicon - take it down! Plenty of mud underfoot at Rubicon, but all rocks totally dry. Theres a big wet patch on the Bastard, but absolutely all the rest looks mint. Top of Kudos wall has patches, but the important bits were dry. Walked on down to the bridge at litton mill - passing some interesting looking crags on the way, I plan to investigate some of these next summer. Cornice looks soaked. We slog up a hill in the mud and come in to Monsal head from Priestcliffe direction. Is a lovely afternoon :



We stop at Calver cafe on the way back in and see Dave Barrans and that Callum guy from London. I chat to DB but only notice Callum and family as he is leaving. Wonder if he did Pinch 2? There looked to be chalk in Polish Dave's dog egg cave too, perhaps it was his...

So, this week. Its Monday and that means one thing - board action! Tried to tap Ned up when I saw him on Saturday, but he is worried I will do all their projects and so only wants me to come on my second day on, which might be Tuesday. Weds probably nowt, Thursday? hmm. Something on Thursday me thinks. I have a meeting in Halifax until 1400, but will probably come back to Sheff straight after.

No comments: