Thursday 8 January 2009

Dancing... with figs in my eyes...

I could have chanced my arm at lunchtime, but no I thought - be professional (!) I thought. It's sunny, it will be impossible. Wait until 1500 and crush it then. With concerns about it being too warm, or in the direct sun light I headed out at a professional sort of time. On arrival at Remergence lots of holds were wet, but the ones I wanted to use looked ok. Sort of.

Bimbled about a bit remembering I'd also thought to warm up at home first (like Keith) but hadn't actually done anything. Managed to find some other dry holds to take the edge off, and then it was time to set about the Fig. Some ranging goes were required to remember how to use the sloper, then I moved my attention to the top bit (from sloper on) only the lip holds must have been a bit damp because I was slithering about where on Saturday I was glued in place. Anyway, made it to the two lip holds and slapped poorly back to the good holds. Didnt do it, but wasnt worried because this bit is ok and if I got there psyche would carry me through.

It didnt. I got from the start to the two lip pinches and fell off there. This led to another 10 goes with diminishing returns from each. Sigh. I should also like to mention that when I arrived it was 43% humidity, but there was a big bank of fog over Higgar. When that reached us at Bbg north temperature did drop, but humidity went up - 80% it said at 1630 when i finally admitted defeat. I think I can take 8b for getting to the lip in adverse conditions.

3 comments:

Fiend said...

Yo dude what do you use to measure humidity?

pascal said...

something like this perhaps?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-NEW-Intelligent-Weather-Alarm-Clock_W0QQitemZ120355898597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Gadgets?hash=item120355898597&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

although I would guess the cheap ones are shit and the expensive ones are good.

dobbin said...

one of these beasts http://www.thehumansolution.com/exhehusthw.html