Monday 5 January 2009

Normal service resumed

Back to work and normal blogging duties along with the rest of the nation today. The unbroken weather ended with the holidays this morning although the forecast for the rest of the week looks good. Dylan and I arranged to go out on Saturday and whilst nothing went down, it was good nic and I made progress on things. Loads of people out, started the day at remergence with (amongst others) Robin Barker, Simon Reed, Ryan, Char, Worm and team Glossop. Got shown the way on the fig and now have a sequence. It felt like it was doable on a next go, but the next go never came. I learnt its not worth trying when its anything other than overcast.
 
I wanted to go and do the Sphinx. Its on Roy's list from last year (of grit things I have to do), and its a scene of previous failure. It didnt look as high as I remembered, and we had loads of pads, so I felt brave. Never did a couple of moves when I tried it before, falling because I couldnt do it rather than anything else. This time made it out onto the jugs at the end a couple of times, but kept getting sequences wrong/cold pumped.
 
Ran round to meet the rest of the team at Western eyes. Previously dismissed this as looking good but being scary. So many pads reduced the scare factor and I was treated to a couple of show pony laps to appreciate the sequence. Although, having to decipher an 'in step cam' mid flail incremented the unsuccessful attempt counter. Sacked it home tired and relaxed through rest of weekend.
 
Tonight its back to the Foundry to get back on it. Wednesday night climbing, Thursday short day session - perhaps the fig at lunchtime... 

No comments: