Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy new year

Haven't posted in ages because I've been on hols and out of my normal routine. Anyway, happy xmas and new year reader. Hope yours has been happy and you are fulfilled. I write this from a bed just south of cockermouth in the lakes. We're here with a group of 30 for a big party to celebrate the new year.

From me I've climbed nothing amazing, in these two weeks of pretty consistently good conditions but I did get out a few times. Once to realise its only worth trying blind fig when its overcast, once to succeed on zaff SCwochlass (sorry Dave, I know that's wrong!) and once with the Foley to go and do flatworld.

I got a little point and shoot digital camera for xmas. It films hd. I can't actually edit it though - lack of processing hardware. Until I sort this out I'll fail back to vga, besides, its only for the web anyway, so it doesn't matter. I filmed both problems using said camera and will upload the clips when back home. They're not very exciting and I have much to learn from the likes of Keith. On the subject of which, he is on it at the moment. He crushed an 8b called amber in Swiss, then did gecko in font just after xmas. Waddage!

Chris Doyle has done alphane moon at chironico (don't know where this is actually, have guide, will look.) just before xmas, which all these heroes who presumably know a thing or two about good problems say is brilliant. The pictures look ok, but you can't tell properly from them so I shall have to seek it out, but that's not going to be until 2010 I think. I suppose its possible after the wedding...

Climbed with nEd and Dave just before xmas which was nice, especially as I was both having a good session and on home turf at the foundry. Which leads me on to variable. The sorcerer of sending has added little women to his ticklist which is 8b I think. What's more waddage is that he did zerberus in the Jura and didn't tell anyone. Gold plated waddage. Which reminds me - Dave mason did something called river dance or play or something which he speaks very highly of. I can say no more.

There will be no beastmakers for now as the machine is broken again apparently, although there is something on their Blog from after I heard that which suggests that production may restart soon.

Well done all you beasts. I'm inspired.

No comments: