Tuesday 27 January 2009

Desperate jokes not funny

I hope that my current fixation with Jerry's finest wont be a prolonged relationship. When I think about it and I'm not there, doubt creeps in and I wonder whether i will ever do it, but when I am actually underneath it, I keep getting close and thinking its on.

I am slightly desperate to get it done, so I'm grasping at chances to get back on it. On one hand, this approach could yield dividends as I could get it done quickly, but it does mean that I have been prepared to try in inideal conditions. Like last night. Dank accurately describes conditions at the boulders. Although apparently dry to the touch, the holds didnt feel good and would go black after a minimum of fettling. Plus, I mutilated my tips on Saturday and they've not yet recovered, so had tape on one finger and the rest were/are weeping.


Not the Joker from dobbin on Vimeo.

The desperation comes from knowing I can do it, and wanting to do so soon. And, strangely, that I'm away this weekend and its as if it wont be there when I get back. Possibly on Wednesday then...

When it went dark I drove to the Foundry for the final round of their comp. Going out first meant I was already warm when I arrived, but that I waned fast. Really good problems in this round - the best of the series? reckon. I climbed like a right donkey, but had fun.

The man Moffat was in signing copies of his book which I have on order, so hopefully it will arrive soon... .

No comments: