Tuesday 22 September 2009

excuses

Tonight I will go climbing. I am looking forwards to it. I think that my current continuing crap form is related to the infrequency with which I have been training since the wedding, so this week I am changing my usual schedule to up the ante. Here ends mediocrity!

Loosely this links into the tail end of last week, as the last time I climbed was weds. I spent Thursday and Friday in London. Walked everywhere, which was brilliant. Great to get a sense of where things are in relation to each other. And, so many cool buildings. Reckon I totalled 15 miles over the two days, which doesn't sound like much but concrete is hard and my feet and hips felt it when I came home. My hotel-to-course walk was right through the middle of the city at rush hr. To say I felt conspicuous in civvies would be an understatement. The grey/black stream of humanity left a wide berth around the non believer dressed in jeans and trainers as they scuttled to their offices. Met up with my best man James in the evening and had a few beers.

Saturday we had to prepare for a big wedding on Sunday. I was cooking and she was dressing the venues. Spent 5 hrs in the kitchen, but everyone loved what I made which was good. In the evening guests who were staying with us arrived (best man james again) and we ate (more cooking) before getting a cab into town to go to the Leopold (fancy new boutique hotel) to meet the wedding party for pre match beers.

Sunday was Chris and Vic's big day, and what weather! the three weddings which have been this summer have all been blessed with the same weather pattern - mint on the nuptual day, minky the day after. So, their wedding - it was in the botanical gardens, which was great as the weather was great, then we went to the cricket inn, then back to the grooms parents for a rave/reception/hog roast. I ate so much that I thought I was going to have to be sick or at least lie in a darkened room until it went down. Little pig did better on the eating front, but the combined effect of a cocktail of different drinks she'd consumed took their toll and by 1130 we went home. The rest werent far behind and that was that.

Could have climbed yesterday in theory, but we felt emotional, so stayed in and watched rubbish on the telly. Climbing tonight and thursday I reckon.

No comments: