Thursday 24 September 2009

In a strange twist of fate, we went from baby sitting to going out raving last night. The couple for whom we were supposed to be sitting's baby was sick, so they sold us their tickets, and off we went.

I haven't been to what is now the o2 carling academy since it was roxys disco, and then probably not since about 1996! Its not undergone a massive refurb inside, and i have never been so stuck to the carpet. Forgetting that I was so adhered caused several hilarious nearly falling on face moments. But enough about that.

The support act were good, they were called Delphic and from Manchester. The lead singer was the spit of Chris Wheeldon. I enjoyed them, kinda underworld influenced Techno indie cross over. Interesting. Made me want to be a drummer.

Then, on came the headtorches and orbital took their place on the stage. They had a great sound, animated knob twiddlers entertaining the crowd pogoing behind their equipment and reminding me just why they are so special. I havent listened to an orbital record in years, but they have so many which are huge tunes. Not that busy in there though, which is a bit of a shame for them, but most striking was the average age of the crowd, which must have been at least 35! Saw Bob Smith, Mia and Andy J in there which was nice for a chat before things started and they disappeared off into the mix to dance.

Pic from Neil cos my camera phone ones were so bad.

Tired this morning though. I climbed with Harry on Tuesday night. Felt not too bad. Wouldnt say I was going well, but didnt feel too bad. Folog is at Rubicon now, talking about Stanage later, and Edlog is going to the works for 630. Weather looks reasonable, so I might head out at 4 for a quick circuit, then meet ed at the wall.

No comments: