Friday 11 September 2009

Stoney

Been lovely over our way this week, and the niceness is set to continue over the weekend (i understand), which is good because I am going to the County...
 
She's been on a course to learn how to give a building its 'Display energy' certificate, which if I understand (not sure I do) is something to do with those energy ratings you now see for houses. This ran until Wednesday. Now Wednesday is normally a day when I would be out in the evening climbing, but I anticipated the last day of a course rules - always finish early, which she did and so got to be treated to the inimitable stoney  experience. The secret to her happy attendance on such missions is the purchase of tat magazines. With 'Closer' magazine tucked in my pad, we set out for Stoney.
 
Minus Ten is the sort of place that I like, but in limited doses. I would usually visit perhaps only once a year, I could probably stretch to twice or even three times, but I'd be suprised if it becomes somewhere I get excited about. It is however, perfect when pushed for time, when everywhere else is wet, or when you are on your own. Oh, and when its hot. Which it was. Some local hero with a squint turned up and burned me off - on his warm up traverse, followed soon after by the hamer bros. Was good to be out, skin was shit, I was shit. Doesn't bode well for the weekend, but all money in the bank.
 
Yesterday I made a schoolboy error. I ate tea before the board. Granted, it was an hour before, but still. I was sluggish and weak. Still, if you learn from these things...
 
Northumberland! I dont think Jim is now coming at all, although we have heard that a load of scousers and Mick Adams will be there.

1 comment:

Ghostface said...

Team Liverpool stayed local. I was at Rubicon for 7am. The future!