Tuesday 29 September 2009

Fat Blog

Just a quick log to drop this morning, but it is a log of the richest type. It contains gossip, big numbers and philosophical musings. And board angst.

Stu Littlefair writes well. His latest dropping ponders the current fad to 'get rich quick' by dropping the pounds, concluding that it is unsustainable but that it works. Having tried this over the years, I can confirm it certainly does work, and it is easier than putting the time in on the board. Of course, if you do both then surely your gains will be massive? well yes, but you run an increased risk of injury and you get sick. Train when sick and you're even more likely to injure yourself. I think its a false horizon too, because you cant maintain that weight for extended periods without impacting your immune system. I have never lost extra weight in order to do something, rather tried to maintain a sustainable healthy weight - which is now at about 11.5st. I can be 11st, but I get poorly. Plus, lifes too short and food too nice!

Gossip : Keith writes that Dirty Dave Mason (now being dubbed "the californian" - presumably because of his shaven fangita) has climbed an 8b in Austria within a week of being there! he does then go on to downgrade it, but lets not dwell on the negatives, very good effort cheekbones, and only took 40 minutes. That was your big numbers too.

I had a very interesting session last night on the board. Basically I was a bit log and things were taking an all too familiar path when Toby and another chap whose name i dont know, but have seen down there a fair bit (big guns) arrive and join me. Then I started trying and really got into it. As we well know, success breeds success and failure dampens the flame of desire, what I observed last night was that it is possible to train on your own and try hard, but you have to be wanting it badly. And why would you want it badly? because you have seen a glimpse of what you could be/have if you tried. Since I have been languishing in my 'I am rubbish' box, so i have become a slave to my pigeon hole, and accustomed to thinking I won't perform well. You get what you want if you want it enough, and i havent wanted it.

I know that I need a project. I need something tangible to get my teeth into, but i've been holding off for fear of failure. I need to remember the wise teachings of sensei Mosely, and pick some easy plums to give me back the burning desire to succeed.

3 comments:

Slap Holds! said...

Man can't live by power or choad alone

Unknown said...

Choad-Oyo would be a good trad tick. I've seen you walk up to the plantation without any stops. You have the right pedigree...

pascal said...

I didn't downgrade it on my own. It was more of a group decision after we all managed the crux move in about 10 minutes!

I wish we were all so strong, and 8B's were really so easy!