Monday 28 September 2009

Now is the time

Friday night - inglorious basterds. Hmm. Ok. Not brilliant, quite watchable, grotesque in places and Brad was rubbish. Very tired.
 
Saturday - should have been going climbing, but knowing that noone else was doing (except Jim log going to somewhere I had never heard of), kinda dulled my enthusiasm. I had only the morning, so anything longer or more day consuming was off the menu. Had busy day with the monster doing stuff, including wandering around the wood fair which was camped out in the park. Never seen this before, but apparently its been there the previous two years. Pretty cool, but then i like that kind of stuff.
 
Team Log reconvened at Rubicon on Sunday morning. Almost aborted the mission on the way because as I hurtled up ringinglow choad towards a peakside bank of grease fog, I could see nothing in my minds eye besides shit conditions. But no, push on I thought. Valour was not rewarded on this occasion and the most log of conditions were encountered. The rocks were slippy and slightly green in colour, but in the hope of the mythical sticky damp, i pushed on whilst waiting for the others. They turned up and confirmed the logness. Log.
 
We move to Kudos and its less log, but log still. Noone does anything. Dylog fires off horizontally and lands flat on his back in the mud. Caringly, we fall about laughing. Pulling on v.sharp holds with v.soft fingers on a v.humid day causes bruising and hurtiness. We take our shoes off and drive to the climbing works. Where we are still log, but at least doing some moves.
 
I climb again tonight, then thats it until Thursday. I wish I had gotten on and done Beluga this summer. But I am reminded of the time of year when I always seem to get these things done, and its not summer, its now! I do think I need it to be a bit cooler though.

No comments: