Thursday 3 May 2007

First Falling

Went to the tor last night. Its so hot at the moment that when the crag is in the sun its almost unclimbable! bit worried as its only May and I cant remember the last time it rained. Hopefully it wont get to being a water shortage and stand pipes and all that. Better wash the car!

Anyway, PUTP was fully in the sun but I clipped it up and had a go anyway. Amazed myself by falling of the last hard move. A big change from 15 years ago when I came and sat on a bolt being massively outclassed by it all. Back then I knew that it was a Ben Moon route and he was my hero and I wanted to do it. To cap all that, it was in the power of climbing. Anyway, I was hopeless and didnt do any of it. Then last november I had a go, sorted a sequence and it looked like it was on, but then the rain started. This year I have had two sessions trying, the first one saw a couple of attempts (more by the skin of my teeth than by skill and strength) get to the top, and yesterdays saw one in the full sun falling off with hand on the jug, and another two where slight adjustments seemed to mean it was on, but it wasnt on enough and I didnt get it finished.

Heading out this afternoon pretty psyched to wrap it up. Also going to have a look at Seans roof, and get NedVegas to flash Beginners wall. Kinda keen to get to two tier but might not have time.

No comments: