Thursday 25 October 2007

Oh for a bit of breeze...

I am sick of writing to say that I have failed. More than the trying and not doing the problem, writing to tell you that I haven't done it is becoming a chore! Its crossed my mind to lie and not tell anyone I have been out trying - so as to avoid admitting my continued failure. I have just returned from Rubicon, where I have once again failed to do Tsunami. Whereas on Saturday I was shite and not up to the job, today I was but the hold was greasy. I climbed well, I was positive – strong even, but the sloper felt greasy. Frustrating. I dont know when I will get back there either. We are selling her car on eBay at the moment, and that will finish on Friday night, which will probably mean I will need to clean it on Saturday for someone to collect. It was completely still at the foot of the wall, I do reckon that a tiny bit of breeze could be the difference between success and failure. Light drizzle on the way home.


Went to the works on Tuesday evening. Bumped into Shiv on the way in and whilst chatting away she mentioned that Big H has popped the question! Congrats to those two! About time – 7 years. Nothing terribly exciting to report from the Works on Tuesday, except a horizontal dismount from the top of the comp wall – jarring. You have to fight your instincts to put your hands out if this happens – easy to break something.

2 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

ah well your not far off and it will be worth it in the end. How can you appreciate success without failure?
Which problem did you land badly on in the works? Its a dangerous place...

Unknown said...

ben, could the honey monster not clean the car? just a thought it is hers.
I'd make lauren do it. if she had a car, and was selling it.
congrats andy and shiv, when are you ben?
it was humid up the board. did total recoil, thought i'll do that again, cos i can, and then exploded backwards! same happened at the top of sonic, fucking shat it, did some round house mentalness and flew rightwards missing the mats, landing in what i thought would look like a commando roll, but probably resembled a heap.
felt much better than last time depsite the lerg.
get to it you'll do it.