Monday 22 October 2007

Stump creme

I feel like I have missed a few blog posts as I hadn't written anything from Tuesday onwards. Been busy with the members list, which is now honed to perfection. On the subject of which - Jon, I thought you were letting your membership lapse when you went away... Sorry if I mistook this. I will check and see if your money is still hitting the account - I dont think it is, but will need to check. I'll comment here if it is.

Wednedsay was dull. Nothing to report. Thursday I got up and got to rubicon at 0730. It was too cold to be honest = -1 in the car. Beautiful sunrise. Warmed up and felt ok, but was turd when I got to kudos wall. Wasnt the conditions I dont think, my fingers hurt (perhaps still from MOnday?) and I didnt even do the last move on its own. Back home again by 0930. Worked from home all day, and headed to the Works in the evening to meet Ed. Hung out for a bit and lurched around footlessly - which, even if it doesnt prove to be the next training sensation is fun. Home - tea, bed. Friday - hooray for Friday! Out to the Scotsmans pack for tea - faded glory but food is still nice. Many reserved tables which is a good sign. Saturday was a mint climbing day. Perfectly cold, clear and dry. Lovely - wasted it by going back to Rubicon and failing again. This time it really should have been ok - had one good go where I got to the top but something felt odd with my index finger on my left hand. Inspection on stepping off revealed a big deep split. Bollocks. That will be the stump creme. Because of the mid week failure due to skin conditions I made an executive decision to apply stump creme on friday night. I have learnt that stump creme is to absolutely, under no circumstances, be applied near to or on a recent cut or wound.

The peril of having hard dry skin, which sounds great, is that it cracks with deep painful fissures. When you get these theres no choice but to tape, and that stops the use of marginal holds. Very frustrating. Went to the tor. Failed to do pretty much anything, started driving back, but was early so was thinking where could I go to get a grit fix? somewhere close to the road - burbage west! bumped into rob napier, kerry cooper (now an item) and someone called Massa? went and did the nose. I fully couldnt remember how to climb it for ages, then did so and it felt very steady, although the toe hook really hurt my poor damaged feet. Massa flashed it. Nice work. Back home, into town to pick the monster up for a bimble along Sharrow vale road. The lescar is all boarded up ready to be transformed into either a wine bar, a wacky warehouse or a gastro pub - depending which rumour you believe. What a shame. I loved the lescar in its previous incarnation. Many a tangled sunday afternoon spent in there having no sleep and assorted chemicals. Still, times move on.

Sunday was another day of general bimbling, with a small exception to say that I saw James Foley racing down fulwood road in the evening - I flashed and flashed him and he pulled over - thinking we were a police car! pulled up alongside and said hello, but then the lights changed and we sped off, hoping he isnt sulking. Board tonight, wall tomorrow, poss out thurs then into the weekend again. Split healing nicely.

No comments: