Monday 22 October 2007

v10 Rubber removal HowTO:

I love FiveTEN v10 shoes. I think they are fantastic. However, the last two incarnations have had the top of the toe box covered in rubber. Its not very thick rubber, and its a definate advantage where a toe hook is concerned, but it means your toes are crushed in another dimension, where usually they would bag out over the rand.

Lots of people have picked the rubber off, and I hear varing tales of nightmarish devotion to this task. Anyway, I spoke to UK fiveten man and he suggested the following, which enabled me to de rubber mine in about 5 minutes (for both shoes) :

Using a pair of long nose pliers, pinch the edge of the rubber at the pointyest bit. Pull at it until there is enough to get a grip on. using the very end of the pliers roll the rubber on itself and you can easily peel it away in a oner.

Now you can use the rubber as a handy stick on stealth sideburn :
What a dashing edwardian chap. Once you have extracted the rubber from both shoes, why not make a handy stealth moustache?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaa.....I wondered how Bentely sorted those 'pork chops' out for his section in Hard Grit.

Christened my new Evolv shoes on the grit. Early indications are positive. Feel sticky as stealth and the chicks from a visiting University Ramblers club dig the colour.

Slap Holds! said...

Is that Nibile in the photo?

lore said...

hey,
there could be some resemblance, sideburns wise, but there's no way i'll ever enter dobbin's bedroom!
Nib.

pascal said...

if only one could still buy V10's...

dobbin said...

apparently so - I heard they are stopping making them? I will have to ask for the official line on this!