Wednesday 26 March 2008

Easter bunny

What is it about holidays that make me eat more than usual? I've been really good lately, but all that goes to pot over any sort of national holiday. Something about the collective psyche of the nation that makes us eat like pigs when not working. Perhaps this is the root of the obesity problem? Anyway, its felt like a great easter - a mini christmas in March.
 
Started strong with a meal in Thyme cafe with Helen and fiend on Thursday night. Tipsy.
 
Friday we cleaned the house, sorted stuff out and went to my parents for dinner - Tipsy again. I was on call and did get called at 0200, resulting in an hours work on Saturday morning whilst everyone else slept. Headed home via Ikea, dropped her at Meadowhall and continued on to the Foundry, meeting Leo, doing a bit on the board and buying new Arcteryx pants.
 
She and I went to the cinema to see The Spiderwick Chronicles. Its good. A kids film for sure, but I like kids films. I dont usually want to be tested when I go to the cinema - after all, I do it to relax. Its good - about 75% from me.
 
Easter Sunday - more cleaning of the house, then to the outlaws for tea - more massive gluttonous over eating, but lovely. I love cheese. Which is a bit of a vice, as cheese is pretty much congealed fat. Her dad always says the cheese at the end is the best bit of the meal. Especially with port. Mmmm. Drunk. We went to bed early doors - so were bright as buttons the next morning. Which started with another big feed - breakfast. Arguably, my favorite meal of the day, I love nothing more than a greasy fried breakfast. I suppose its because its so wrong - forbidden fruits and all that. Bought some insulation from B&Q and headed home. I climbed again (foundry, with Ed and James) and she went to buy a wedding outfit (for my sisters and Andy and Shiv's). Drank wine that evening and stopped in catching up on Corrie.
 
Yesterday, Tuesday - we were still off. Sigh. I love holidays. Attempted to fit this insulation, only to find that actually, there was already insulation there, and by god it makes you itch. Fitted some round the thin bits and took one of the rolls back. I dont think I like building jobs. Went and had a quick nosey at potential wedding venue out near dronfield, and then managed to coerce her into going to rubicon (to look at cressbrook hall). Its pretty dry. Hmm. Wondered what the tor was like, but got fully overruled and ordered home.
 
So, back to work today. Foundry tonight, and Buoux on the weekend. Ulp! bought that 80s - birth of extreme thing as preparation. Watched the Buoux 8c bit, which looks good actually. Weather out there is amazing! some showers today, but av temps through the week of 20degrees and wall to wall sunshine! Shall have to dig out my thong back climbing pants!

No comments: