Tuesday 4 March 2008

Normal service resumed

Why is it so hard to climb well when you have had a rest? I felt like I was going pretty well before (save the having no skin part) - its this sort of thing that makes me reticient to ever stop climbing for more than a day. Basically, got back on it last night at the Foundry and felt sluggish and weak. I think this is probably thanks to a number of factors :

1: Felt really tired after what was really a very relaxing weekend, but for some reason tiring.
2: Shock of getting up at 0545 after two lovely lie ins!
3: My 'yardstick' was Leo Moger - Foundry hero and strong boy
4: I'm probably a bit fat after all the weekends eating
5: Getting used to a new board (always, when you first climb on a board thats unfamiliar you need a few sessions to really start to feel on it)
6: Right ear is gummed up and I feel a bit wobbly.

I knew when I first pulled on that I was lacking beans and that the magic wasn't going to be flowing, but I think I should thank Mr Moger for probably rescuing my session (as much as it could be rescued). He is one straaang punk! Trying to keep up definately gave me a push and made me try where perhaps I would have quitted.

Spent more time on the board last night, which I am ever more convinced is going to be a good place to be in the absence of the School. The reason its better than the works training board is because the angle is better (about 40 I think, the works is 30). Have a couple of Leo's problems written in my book for future reference, and have been shown some proper hard stuff too. The session finished with a hirsute Justin Plumtree turning up sans famous brown pants! they have been retired.

Finally, the Foundry have 40% of RAB stuff in their shop. Confusingly, its 40% off marked price, so if something is labelled £140 it will cost you £90. I picked up a new RAB for cragging purposes and it was well cheap. Happy.

No comments: