Monday 31 March 2008

I'm quite drunk, and writing from my blackberry, so I will be brief. Was scared today. Vowed not to ever come sport climbing again. Did 6b on styx wall with jon. He's been great partner by the way, has placed drawers in everything I've been on so far. Anyway, went up to reve after that and he had a go. Hated it. Fully didn't get into it and I expected to be the same. Not so. It was right up my street, busted out a sequence and lowered for a rest. Really think it could be on! Cooled down too much before next go and pumped out straight away. Super sharp pockets cut in, not at tips but in soft fleshy bit of finger. Feel hands getting chewed up. Lower off and rest for less time, put in fab link and actuall think I might do it, but crucial hand slips and I genuinely fall. Feel dead psyched, as know it could go down, but battered, and with sore hands.

Jon and I head round to fissure surge, which is one of Ed's recomendations, the boys have already got it equipped, so I get to have a go on a top rope. I struggle through the sequencey lower bit, but crush the hard final jump to the crack. My hands feel sore! Jon has a redpoint, and he climbs well but fails just before the jump. I go again on top rope, but hands are too sore.

Watch Nic attempt a 7c+ but he falls. We all head home. Am drunk. Good night.

No comments: