Wednesday 4 February 2009

Car sled

I have booked my tickets to go see Jerry at the works this sunday. Got to try to finish the book before then if I can. Have just started on his comp history. I am really enjoying his book, there are some really funny stories during which I have to suppress laughter so as not to wake her up. 

I keep wondering whether it would be worth trying to get to the Joker or not. On one hand, its certainly cold, and Jamie said that it was in good nic, but that there was snow on the tops. Presumably this will melt through the day and that will stop the goodness? And on the other hand, I worry that if I even managed to get there, would I get back?

4 comments:

bonjoy said...

You really want this problem? Go the whole hog. As soon as the road is clear enough to get to the crag (or at least walking distance eg Burb W parking), bring a rope and a shovel and clear the top. That way you won't miss out on good conditions due to snowmelt. Crush!

dobbin said...

That could be the answer. What would Jerry do? you know its the way. I think I shall try to see if J L made it out there this am.

joe said...

How d'it go Dob? did you get out there? I'm in agreement with the big JB - you got to try. We chanced it to Almscliff yesterday, armed with shovel and brooms. Well worthwhile. A rope would have been an even better idea...

dobbin said...

I decided (based the information I could gather) that it wasnt worth it. In other words, I spoke to JL and he reckoned he was sideways in a 4wd and that it wouldnt be good in a 2wd.

Thing is, that problem is on my doorstep and has been for 15 years. Why am I rushing to get on it in less than ideal conditions now? Surely my time would be better spent building up a reserve of strength to allow me to destroy it when its in condition?

I'm watching the skies and pegging my hopes on saturday.