Tuesday 3 February 2009

Jerry Moffatt - my therapist

Its not that I didnt enjoy my weekend - I did, I had a lovely time, but typically, when you arrange a weekend of not climbing, so the weather is automatically mint and everyone else has a super saturday. If I was the caring, bereft of ego soul I claim to be I would be delighted that you're all out sending stuff, but I hate missing out, and I cant escape the notion that Saturday could have been my time! I say that because I think I'm close, but remember winter sessions - tyler hits the top loads of times and swings off. I suspect the road isnt as short as I would like it to be. We'll see (but when will we see?). Polish Dave is a great character to try it with because he is so unshakeably optimistic.
 
The road towards success is hilly. There are peaks, troughs and false summits. I honestly believe that I will get there in the end, but I dont know how long it'll take. As you make your way along the road you'll experience doubt troughs. Whilst you are in one you'll wonder if you'll ever get to the end, but you must be tough. These things arent easy (or else everyone would be doing them) - only the strong survive. So push on, focus! hard work is everything! (can you tell what book I am reading at the moment?). Grimer has done a great job. Jerry's book is great.
 
No real gossip to report, just a big up for Buxton's hardest pinching nicest man - Ed Robinson who made the best of the primo conditions - on Saturday he did the Pit, and on Sunday - he didnt do, but got close to Master Kush.

No comments: