Monday 23 February 2009

excuses excuses

It was a sad day when Ember Inns took over the Fox house. Its a shame that it couldnt be made to work as a walkers country pub type thing - I liked it how it was. We'd been to meet friends in the Castle (same chain, in Castleton) a couple of sundays ago, where I had a roast and it was lovely. Based on this success and a requirement for an early quick tea on Friday, we decided to give the Fox house a chance. Hers was ok but mine was rubbish (risotto thing off the specials board). Anyway, that was that or so I thought. Wouldnt have been going back anyway, but then woke in middle of the night and was sick and pooey until morning. Brilliant. Sure it was the rice from there which tasted wierd. Thinking about it, having risotto anywhere thats not going to be making it fresh is a bad idea. The problem with risotto is that you need to constantly tend to it, which means somewhere like that would preprepare a vat and then reheat it in bits (probably). Reheating rice is a bad idea. Anyway, i wouldnt usually bore you with such negative whining, but as I wasted my day out climbing I felt I should drag you all down too. Sorry.

Felt semi human on Sunday, and did manage to get out in the morning to try Soft on the G at Gardoms. Couldnt do it, couldnt do it, couldnt do it. Then Jon Barton turned up and I did it. Got all the way to the top, mantled, my foot popped and i slid back down again. I had a watch of Ben Moon doing Full power when I got back and I think it looks feasible (full power not soft on the G). You'd want good conditions. Mind you, I had those I think - it felt ok.

So, this week - Foundry tonight, Ace with Dave on Wednesday afternoon? Away with the monster in the lakes this weekend. Well looking forwards to it.

3 comments:

lore said...

come south, i'll make risotto for you my dear, and be sure that it won't be the food what will keep you awake all night long!
:-*

dobbin said...

Allright! But will I have to wear ugg boots?!

lore said...

:-)