Thursday 26 February 2009

Back to school

I have never been as happy to be back at work as I am this morning. Being sick, and actually being sick - i.e. theres nothing you can do about it, you are actually confined to barracks - is rubbish. I hate it, its so frustrating. By about 1500 yesterday the fog was lifting and whilst idly flicking through my removeable hard drive for something to fill the time I found a load of camera phone clips from the school.

At the time of filming these clips I was on my own, and it felt a bit wierd to be filming oneself, but my motives were less narcissistic than at first they may appear. The board was to be closed, and I wanted some record of these - my favorite (or some of) problems. Also, these problems are/were hard. They took me a lot of effort, and I wanted to be able to look back at them - I wanted something for my trouble. So here it is, the fruits of those labours :


The School from dobbin on Vimeo.

They're camera phone clips which I have been meaning to do something with for ages, but havent had time/technology to convert from MP4. I've been absolutely riddled with cold over the last few days, so much I took yesterday off work and when I felt a bit better in the afternoon cobbled the above together.

It was deliberate there is no swanky soundtrack. It contributes to the lo fi feel, and also its nice to remember the other thing the school was known for - techno!

4 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

Nice Ben!!!
I miss that board a lot. There's nowhere else that I've done moves like Too fluffy, pego, pork & or any of the other classics.
I'm still wavering about building a board...

Richie Crouch said...

That video is great Dob. Can't wait till our new board in Liverpool is fit for similar proper use!

Doylo said...

Yes i too was reminiscing about the school 50 the other day, would be so nice to have a session and get spanked!

Paul Bennett said...

Bedroom board was born yesterday... hell yeah.